Geotextiles for Railway Infrastructure
Propex GeoSolutions is a global leader in manufacturing geosynthetic solutions for erosion control and slope stabilization. Our portfolio of innovative products and systems helps build and rebuild key infrastructure across the globe. Unlike rock riprap and other concrete-based alternatives, our erosion control products are engineered to promote vegetation, yielding a natural look that supports the surrounding environment. Our solutions are easy to transport and install, making them ideal for locations with access challenges. Plus, the ease of installation reduces costs and construction time.
Erosion Control and Slope Stabilization
Our products and systems provide a range of erosion control and slope stabilization support from moderate to severe applications. All Propex erosion control systems are engineered to promote root development and vegetation.
PYRAMAT® High Performance Turf Reinforcement Mat (HPTRM) is a three-dimensional, lofty, woven polypropylene geotextile. Designed with patented X3® Fiber Technology, it is specially engineered for erosion control on steep slopes and vegetated waterways. PYRAMAT offers superior UV resistance for up to 75 years of design life.
ARMORMAX® Engineered Earth Armoring Solutions™
ARMORMAX® Engineered Earth Armoring Solutions™ is composed of PYRAMAT HPTRM and Engineered Earth Anchors™ (EEA) that work together to lock soil in place and protect against hydraulic stresses. This system provides dynamic erosion control and slope stabilization, outlasting other slope reinforcement methods.
SCOURLOK® Engineered Bank Stabilization System
SCOURLOK® is a robust Engineered Bank Stabilization System designed to resist extreme hydraulic stresses and protect shorelines while promoting vegetation. It was developed for applications that need underwater scour protection in addition to slope stabilization and erosion control provided by ARMORMAX® and PYRAMAT® Engineered Earth Armoring Solutions.
Reduced Carbon Footprint:
- Studies have found polypropylene to contain no leachable components (The Blastic Project 2016-2018).
- Our solutions use soil pins made from 100% post-consumer recycled materials that will biodegrade in 24-36 months.
- Our manufacturing facility in Ringgold, GA is ISO 14001 certified. This international certification recognizes that Propex is actively measuring its environmental impact and continuously looking for way to improve it.
Improved Water Quality:
- Decreases sedimentation and pollutants to improve water quality.
- Encourages infiltration of water back into the ground water table.
- The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has identified High Performance Turf Reinforcement Mats (HPTRMs) like PYRAMAT® as a Best Management Practice (BMP) for improving water quality.
Supports Natural Habitats:
- Promotes rapid root development and long-term vegetation.
- Supports a living shoreline, whereas hard armoring can decrease streamside vegetation and adversely impact fish populations.
- Maintains a cooler water temperature than traditional hard armoring, which is healthier for aquatic life habitats.
Tested. Proven. Trusted
Our innovative geotextiles are manufactured in Ringgold, Georgia and shipped to customers in more than 85 countries across the globe. Encompassing nearly 75,000 square meters, the facility boasts the largest global geosynthetic capacity under one roof with the capacity to produce 400 million square meters annually. It also features and onsite testing facility that is certified by the Geosynthetic Accreditation Institute/ Laboratory Accreditation Program (GAI-LAP). The plant is also CE certified and ISO 9001 and 14001 certified.
World Class Support
Propex’s team of professional engineers offers full service support throughout the design process. Engineering Services will help create a unique design for your project, select the right solution, and support your installation efforts through onsite training. Contact Engineering Services directly at: +1 423-553-2465 or [email protected].