IT Solutions for Railways
Petrosoft.pl IT Solutions Ltd. is a software house and an IT integrator creating software for the rail sector as well as the manufacturing, logistics, and oil and gas industries. Petrosoft.pl has been present on the Polish as well as foreign markets for over 22 years.
Petrosoft has extensive experience in software development projects, especially for railway companies.
The company has been developing its RAILSoft system for over 14 years, on the basis of railway customers needs and dedicated for all railway entities such as:
- cargo carrier
- passenger carrier
- railway infrastructure manager
- railway workshop
- shunt infrastructure manager
- rail cars and locomotive leasing
- intermodal terminals
- container depot
- railway training companies
- railway outsourcing companies
RailSoft works on desktop, mobile (mRails) and web version and has over 60 modules, which are very flexibly sold and accustomed to customers’ needs. A client may buy one or 60 modules (or any number of modules according to their needed function) which may develop at any time as Petrosoft.pl is a software house.
RAILSoft is an integrated complex IT system for railway companies that substitutes all unnecessary systems and Excel files. It also helps workers on the ground without the need for a manual or piece of paper which may slow down the process.
RAILSoft has been implemented in over 20 companies so far, in Poland and abroad.
RailSoft has a variety of modules (which can be integrated with existing systems):
- railway CRM and communication with customers
- safety management of railway companies
- reporting to railway offices
- railway infrastructure management
- vehicles and infrastructure overhaul planning
- railway documents repository
- employee files
- permissions and competencies management
- contractor files
- siding logistics management
- transportation management
- railway events management
- maintenance and manufacturing cost management
- worktime management
- Railsoft mobile version (mRails)
mRails is the mobile version of RailSoft for mobile devices such as Android tablets, especially for people working in the field. This application allows employees to monitor processes that occur on the tracks, inside railway vehicles, sidings or within the workshops.
- realisation of the process of delivery and take over of traction vehicle
- P1 surveys / reports made from the ground
- access to history of railway vehicles maintenance
- reporting vehicles failures
- controllers, train drivers, guards job cards
- online and offline work
- fixed trainset made from the ground
- creating electronic break test card
- timetable for train drivers
- traction vehicle geolocation
- creating electronic break test card
- enclosing pictures and documentation of the broken vehicle
- handling of the reloading terminal e.g. containers
- registering statuses of transportation
- matching trainset with the waybill
- list of permanent dangers
- railway vehicles excluded from exploitation
Case Study: Significant Improvement In CTL Logistics Group’s Business Processes Thanks to RailSoft
CTL Logistics Group, founded in 1992, is one of the leading freight carriers in Poland operating in the field of rail and road logistics services, including cross-border transport of goods across Europe. The company’s activities include: forwarding, servicing of railway sidings, maintenance of rolling stock, construction and maintenance of railway infrastructure, reloading services, customs consultancy and the supply of raw materials.
A lack of a coherent integrated IT solutions for the implementation of the main business processes (planning and implementation of freight transport, a huge variety of transport orders and a wide range of additional services and processes, e.g. fleet maintenance, workshops, etc.) resulted in long delays in the transmission of data from the ground to the headquarters (e.g. R7 documents). The manual flow of information generated a high risk of errors, poor performance and high cost.
Petrosoft completed the delivery and implementation of software for managing a railway company. The work consisted of the analysis, production, delivery, configuration and training in the use of the system, taking into account the dedicated, newly created functionalities of RailSoft Business Solutions, which allowed for even more precise improvement and integration of processes carried out in the company’s business environment with the newly implemented system.