Testing, Inspection & Certification for the Rail Sector
SGS is the world’s leading testing, inspection and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for sustainability, quality and integrity. SGS 98,000 employees operate a network of 2,650 offices and laboratories, working together to enable a better, safer and more interconnected world.
SGS is a well-recognized entity in the railway market, supporting their clients to fulfill the requirements of their projects, both at system and component level. SGS combine a deep competence in the quality and safety processes together with the specific expertise for each railway subsystem: Rolling Stock, Control-Command and Signalling Systems, Energy and Infrastructure.
SGS offers a broad range of services for the railway industry to help manufacturers, component suppliers, infrastructure managers, operators, leasing companies, and maintenance providers deliver projects and ensure the continued performance of their business.
SGS proposes their clients a wide range of products and services to support and collaborate their developments and challenges, from the conception phase till the maintenance and operation. SGS portfolio services covers all the phases of the life cycle of the railway projects, providing technical and safety conformity, RAMS safety analysis, supply chain services, QA/QC, manufacturing suppliers control, testing and inspection, operation and maintenance assistance…
SGS rail portfolio services are founded under three main pillars or principles:
- Solutions: right SGS service for each need, right methodology approved and introduced with the right process, maintained requirement management throughout the entire project lifecycle and a long, effective, efficient, and trust-based collaboration.
- Capacity: Extra boost in either side from our personnel that can provide validated, qualified, competent, rail specific Subject Matter Experts, Engineers, or Inspectors anytime everywhere around the World.
- Capability: Tailored solutions and manning in combination with technical solutions: accredited laboratory verifications/validations, operational safety measures and features including cybersecurity, electronic (cloud based) systems and software, etc.
SGS is accredited according to EN ISO/IEC 17020 and 17065 requirements for conformity assessment bodies and product certification, following the European Directives on railways safety and technical compatibility. SGS is recognized and authorized by the Railways Safety Authorities to perform safety and technical conformity evaluation and assessment for railways systems, products and services.
Solutions for the Rail Sector
Wherever you are in the world, in whatever field of the rail industry, you can rely on SGS international teams of experts to
provide specialized solutions to make your business faster, simpler and more efficient.
- Recognized worldwide leader in impartiality, inspection, testing, certification solutions.
- Accredited body for all rail industry required certifications
- Average of 30 years of experience in the rail industry
- End-to-end supply chain services in the rail industry.
- Experts with vast rail experience
- Experts with experience in the main rail manufacturers, operators and suppliers.
- Competence and expertise in all the railways technical areas and leading-edge technology.
- Global coverage with local expertise.