Choosing a Trusted Implementation Partner
With over 20+ years of experience ensuring the efficient and successful implementation of card and mobile transaction service, FIME is well-equipped and experienced in supporting the transport market in delivering the next-generation of transit ticketing solutions. With unrivalled expertise in EMV and developing mobile payment solutions, FIME can provide end-to-end support for your projects, from technical consultancy and training, through to design support, quality assurance, field testing and certification services.
Ensure the Interoperability of Fare Collection Systems to Provide Seamless Travel to Commuters
A transit authority has three main objectives: to offer a reliable fare ticketing solution, facilitate the deployment of e-ticketing and give public transport operators (PTO) a choice of service and technology providers.
FIME works with transport authorities to achieve these objectives and deliver seamless transport solutions to consumers. This is achieved through certification schemes, which ensure the interoperability between fare collection systems in a dynamic and evolving environment. Establishing a certification scheme not only guarantees market interoperability, but also assists PTOs in speeding up their migration to new technology.
Enabling Seamless Smart Ticketing Systems
Traveler expectations are at an all-time high. In the age of mobility as a service (MaaS) and the convenience of ‘tap-and-go’ technology, the public transport industry is under increasing pressure to deliver the same frictionless experience with its ticketing systems.
Seamless smart ticketing infrastructures are essential to meeting the needs of our increasingly smart cities. Plus, the opportunities to realize new revenues through the delivery of superior urban transportation systems are great. But in a complex market, with several technologies and trends to consider – from multi-app closed loop right through to fully open EMV systems – transport players need expert support to ensure they select and deliver the best solution for their customers and business model. With unrivalled experience ensuring the security and consistency of card and mobile transactions, FIME is supporting the transport ticketing market to maximize these new opportunities and deliver high-quality, fully compliant and interoperable ticketing systems.
Mobility / urban transportation system / city / interoperability / seamless smart ticketing infrastructure
Need Our Expertise? Learn More About Our Offering
- Transport authorities
- Transport operators
- System integrators & IT solution providers
- Terminal & card manufacturers
Evaluating the wealth of new technologies available and deciding the best direction for your transport ecosystem can be both an exciting opportunity and challenge. From launching new multi-application services, such as micropayments, to integrating mobile transit ticketing solutions – managing multiple players can be a real challenge. For authorities to guarantee the security, functionality and interoperability of new systems, seeking expert consultancy is the key to getting ahead. FIME can help navigate theses complexities and ensure the quality of new solutions.
- Understanding and evaluating new, emerging technologies and utilizing these effectively to deliver a seamless transit ticketing system and user-experience.
- Implementing multiple applications onto new and existing contactless card solutions to incorporate micropayments, access control and other adjacent services.
- Guaranteeing the quality, security, interoperability and compliance of systems with regional and global standards.
- Expert technical consultancy and training to effectively evaluate all options in line with your business strategy.
- Quality Assurance support or complete outsourcing to ensure the effective, timely launch of new services that run smoothly and efficiently, year after year.
- Thorough testing and certification support to guarantee the security and interoperability of systems first time round and minimize unnecessary delays to service launch.
For transport operators, the pressure is on to ensure new systems operate seamlessly from the get-go. Selecting high-quality products and IT solutions and ensuring their proper implementation is key. Partnering with FIME can help take the strain of managing quality assurance. With support available from project management support through to testing and final certification, FIME can help minimize unexpected delays and fast-track your way to solution launch.
- Ensuring new technologies, products and IT solutions are of high quality and operate smoothly and effectively.
- Guaranteeing interoperability between systems and achieving compliance with regional and national systems.
- Coordinating a robust quality assurance program to support testing and certification processes.
- Quality control of products and solutions with extensive testing across all aspects of the system, from cards to readers.
- Integration support to ensure the secure, compliant and interoperable integration of new solutions and its long-lasting operational efficiency.
- Expert consultancy and project management support for testing and certification, available both as a fully outsourced solution at our global labs, or as in-house support.
System Integrators and IT Solution Providers
Sitting at the center of the ecosystem, system integrators and IT solution providers need to keep up with the rapidly evolving market around them. Understanding new stakeholders, emerging trends, and region-specific needs is integral to success. FIME can support you in navigating these challenges to develop a compelling, interoperable and seamless solution. With the increasing convergence of payments, FIME’s expert consultancy and training can also help make sense of the complexities of the world of EMV and the payments world, ensuring your compliance with local and global standards.
- Navigating the complexities of supporting new standards such as EMV payments, and ensuring compliance with a variety of local and global standards, schemes and regulations.
- Understanding and evaluating new, emerging technologies and market requirements to effectively integrate these into your solution offering.
- Developing a cost-effective, secure solution to facilitate a smooth upgrade of legacy systems.
Quality control of products and solutions with comprehensive testing across all aspects of the system, from cards to readers, to guarantee the interoperability and operational soundness of solutions.
Expert consultancy and training to inform your solution development and successfully integrate new form factors.
Thorough testing and quality assurance support to guarantee the seamless operation of solutions and streamline the certification process.
Card and Reader Manufacturers
For reader and card manufacturers in transport, getting to grips with the market’s increasing convergence with the payments world and the latest industry trends is essential. FIME’s expert training and consultancy can help make sense of the world of EMV and the various local, regional and global standards. With thorough testing, quality assurance and certification support, FIME can streamline your path to launching new products and ensure you remain competitive.
- Evaluating the latest trends and technologies and understanding how these can best be integrated into competitive new product offerings, in line with your business strategy.
- Navigating the complexities of supporting new standards such as EMV payments and ensuring compliance with a variety of local and global standards, schemes and regulations.
- Ensuring the operational quality, interoperability and security of new products.
- Expert consultancy and training to inform your solution development and successfully integrate new form factors and technologies.
- Thorough testing and certification support to minimize unexpected delays and streamline your path to market.
- Comprehensive testing and quality assurance control to guarantee the seamless operation, security and interoperability of new products.
FIME’s expertise are supporting the transport market to deliver seamless, interoperable smart ticketing systems. From consultancy, to final testing and quality assurance, FIME guarantees systems are secure, compliant with all local, regional and global standards, and operationally sound from the get-go.