Rail Depot Equipment Specialist
A Tradition of Rail Excellence
- 20 years of rail expertise
- An unrivalled safety record
- 100% focused on the rail industry
From our headquarters in Chesterfield, UK and international offices in Dubai, we provide a range of specialist services focused on the needs of owners and operators of rail facilities, depots, stations and sidings. Our experienced team aims to develop long-term relationships with our clients, to understand your business so we can tailor our services to your unique requirements.
We are focused on delivering the highest level of service and efficiency and are dedicated to maintaining a list of accreditations that prove our commitment to quality and safety.
- International Rail Systems
- Design & Engineering
- Manufacturing & Distribution
- Mechanical, Electrical & Plumbing (MEP)
- Depot Protection Systems (DPS)
Emeg Maintenance Division (EMD) has more than 20 years’ experience in the provision of rail depot maintenance and specialises in post-install aftercare, uptime and lifecycle replacement of depot systems, providing a comprehensive range and the very highest levels of depot maintenance services. We’re a ‘one-stop-shop’ for depot operators, providing services ranging from basic plant failure attendance cover to planned preventative and condition-based maintenance.
Emeg’s design ‘Centre of Excellence’ is based out of our Manchester office. The team consists of professional engineers, system architects and BIM/CAD designers with skill sets encompassing various electrical and mechanical disciplines, including telecoms. With the experience gained from our rail, engineering and construction industry background, we have the ability to resolve design problems with viable, cost-effective solutions for clients within all branches of rail engineering.
- e-fuel™️ – Fuelling & Oil Systems
- e-fume™️ – Exhaust Fume Extraction
- e-pure™️ – Air Purification & Ventilation
- e-mix™️ – Intelligent Fluid Mixing
- e-vac™️ – Controlled Emission Toilets
- e-wash™️ – Carriage Wash Machines
- e-shore™️ – Shore Supplies
- e-lume™️ – Lighting Systems
- e-jet – Depot Heating & Cooling Systems
- e-scan – Laser Scanning for BIM & 3D Modelling
- safeNet™️ – Intelligent Depot Protection System (DPS)
- sigNet™️ – Depot Signalling System
- depotCONNECT® – Smart Depot Integration Platform
- Crous Chemicals – Industrial Cleaning & Refurbishment
Emeg was founded in 1997 by Richard Simmonite, a time-served electrical engineer with over 40 years’ experience within the rail sector.
Today, Emeg is a completely rail-focused company, offering turnkey, in-house solutions to all projects – from new-build to enhancement and refurbishment works. Throughout our long history, our work has mainly centred upon maintenance depots, station upgrades, re-signalling and permanent way (PWay) project works.
We employ a consistent site workforce of full-time engineers, electricians, pipefitters, gas installers, heating & ventilation engineers. All ably controlled by our project management teams, backed up with off-site services of SQE, estimating, procurement and design.
At Emeg, we believe that safety is a behavioural culture and an attitude, and as such, is led from the top by the Managing Director. We firmly believe that our unprecedented success in continuing to achieve zero accidents over our full trading history is a tribute to our safety-first work ethos.
This ethos and culture, coupled with our highly experienced and time-served workforce, are fundamental to our past and continued success.
Our focus on client-oriented and tailor-made solutions has enabled us to work with a large list of clients on a long-term basis. Our clients include: Network Rail (we’re a Principal Contractor), Etihad Rail, Bombardier, Virgin, Buckingham Group Contracting, Nexus, GallifordTry, Balfour Beatty, Kier and Morgan Sindall, to name just a few.