Floor Coverings for Rail
Forbo has developed a truly comprehensive and compliant flooring product offer for the global rail sector. Whether you are sourcing train floor coverings for high speed, intercity, regional or light rail carriages, or for trams or metro vehicles, we can provide you with an exceptional range of products to meet the necessary requirements. Within our portfolio you will find high performance entrance systems, linoleum flooring, textile carpets and flocked floor coverings, and the widest range of design and colourways on the market, giving you a world of choice. We also supply all the necessary adhesives, accessories and specialist tools your installation team might need. We are very experienced in material scheduling and meeting individual logistical challenges, both for new build and refurbishment programmes. We will work closely with you to understand your exact requirements, in order to achieve the optimum service level. If you are looking for a totally unique flooring solution, your Forbo Account Manager will work directly with our experienced and talented in-house design team to deliver custom floor coverings for rail that are guaranteed to give your train interiors a truly individual look.
Working with Forbo means:
- A sole source of supply for all your flooring requirements
- The largest and most versatile choice of train floor coverings
- A custom design service
- Global advice, support and cross border project management
You can rely on Forbo to deliver an exceptional total flooring solution for your rail project.
Sustainable Train Floor Coverings
- The most sustainable resilient train floor coverings
- Marmoleum has a history and heritage that stretches back over 150 years and this totally natural floor covering has always been renowned for its sustainability, durability and high quality. For the rail sector Marmoleum FR offers total versatility in terms of colour and design, but what makes this train floor covering really stand out is the fact that it is created using a high percentage of natural raw materials, with renewable and recycled content.
- All Marmoleum FR floors include Topshield2, a double layer, UV-cured finish that is scratch and scuff resistant, easy to maintain and ensures long lasting appearance retention. With its natural bacteriostatic properties and resistance to chemicals, Marmoleum FR is the ideal solution for heavy traffic rail vehicles.
- Homogeneous durable construction
- Low life cycle costs – can be renovated and repaired
- Resistance to cigarette burns
- Wide range of colourways per design
- Reaction to fire EN 45545-2 : HL2 / HL3
Slip Resistant Flooring for Trains
- The only truly washable textile floor covering
- Flotex FR is unique, combining the cleaning properties and durability of a resilient flooring with the comfort, slip resistant and acoustic properties usually associated with textiles.
- High durability
- Easy to clean; easy soil and stain removal due to short nylon fibres
- Slip resistant
- Reduces airborne allergens (independently proven by Allergy UK)
- Reaction to fire EN 45545-2: HL2
- Flotex Colour is a collection of three designs (Metro, Penang and Calgary) which together form a rhapsody of colour across a broad spectrum.
- Flotex Vision FR offers an infinite number of design options ranging from abstracts with an intricate colour spectrum to realistic images of natural materials.
Total design freedom
Several of the Flotex Vision designs offer the option to create your own colourway, allowing you to match the floor precisely to your interior design scheme or corporate identity colours. If you have your own vision of what you want on the floor, we also offer a complete bespoke design service on request. Flotex Vision FR is a collection of high definition digital print designs that create superior textures with almost 3D like appearance. As Flotex Vision FR has 70 million fibres per square per metre, it provides a matt high density substrate for printing, enabling vibrant designs and true-to-life visuals to be produced in high level photographic resolution, providing ultimate design flexibility for rail interiors. All colours, tones and hues are achievable with Flotex Vision FR.
Train Interior Carpets
- Carpet renowned for its aesthetic styling and outstanding performance in the most demanding environments
- Tessera FR is a collection of attractive, hardwearing carpets, offered in various pile constructions and textures, all designed to deliver specific aesthetic and performance benefits. The installation of train interior carpets adds significant warmth, comfort and acoustic benefits.
- Durability and appearance retention, made from 100% nylon
- Flexibility for colourisation
- Slip resistance
- Reaction to fire EN 45545-2 : HL2
Customised Train Carpets
Coral Move FR
- Carpet custom made to your design requirements
- Coral Move FR is a tufted carpet solution for rail interiors offering great customisation possibilities to complement interior design and colour schemes.
- Warm and comfortable
- Excellent soil hiding
- Slip resistant
- Acoustic properties
- Reaction to fire EN 45545-2 : HL3
Heavy-Duty Entrance Matting Systems
Coral FR Entrance Matting
- First impressions are crucial, which is why effective entrance flooring that stops dirt and moisture being tracked into carriages and saloon areas is fundamental to modern train design. By removing wet and dry soiling from the soles of shoes and wheel treads, an effective entrance system reduces premature wear and tear to interior train floor coverings, minimises cleaning and maintenance costs and protects passengers by reducing slip hazards.
- High moisture absorption
- Dirt scraping for effective clean-off
- High dirt storage
- Advanced colouring and design choice
- Excellent soil hiding properties
- Reaction to fire EN 45545-2 : HL2
Providing the ideal solution for rail vehicle entrances, Coral entrance flooring is available in three different formats: Classic, Brush and Duo – each with their own unique benefits.