Auxiliary Power Units for Locomotives
INPS Environmental Products Inc. (IEP)
Our proprietary Banana Auxiliary Power Unit is designed to reduce excess idling, save fuel, reduce locomotive engine wear and keep your crew comfortable – a true win-win for everyone.
Banana Auxiliary Power Unit
© INPS Group
- Save fuel – Up to 20,000 gallons or more per year
- Safely shut down the locomotive engine when not in use
- Reduce locomotive engine wear expenses and “oil out of the stack” problems · Improve operating efficiencies
- Reduce noise to meet local noise ordinances
- Reduce harmful emissions
- Potentially become eligible to earn Emissions Greenhouse Gas Credits
- Improve relations with authorities and stakeholders
- Heats the locomotive coolant and lube oil
- Powers heaters, lights and AC units
- Charges and extends the life of the locomotive batteries · Fits on virtually every locomotive
- 18.9 kW of power
Compact Design for Multiple Mounting Options
“Secure your APU order with our current stock. Save on fuel, and idling emissions. Be prepared for the upcoming, ever-changing winters.”
Our team is ready to assist you.
Installation Team Member
© INPS Group
*IEP is an INPS Group Company
This article was originally published by INPS Group.