Did you know… we’ve just published our SIFER Special Magazine
SIFER 2019 takes place in Lille, France, on 26–28 March 2019. We have published our first magazine of the year in conjunction with the show. You can read the whole thing here.
SIFER Special Magazine Contents
- The SIFER 2019 Featured Suppliers Index: a handy, quick overview of some of the suppliers to look out for at the show. Want to read some more in-depth profiles about these suppliers? Take a look at the following:
- The Grand Paris Express Fact File: the extensions and new metro lines being built in Paris at the moment are the major rail infrastructure project in Europe. Get an overview of the project in this article.
- ROBEL: The Benefits and Future of Mobile Maintenance: railway infrastructure maintainers such as Network Rail and Deutsche Bahn use ROBEL’s mobile maintenance system to improve work safety and efficiency in track maintenance.
- MTM Power: New DC/DC Converters with 400 W: MTM Power has become one of the leading power supply manufacturers for rail applications in Europe. In this article they discuss their DC/DC converters.
- UNIFE: EU Investments for Innovation in Rail Transport: Tommaso Spanevello, Public Affairs Manager, UNIFE, discusses Research & Innovation in the European rail supply industry and the EU’s support of it.
- Sensit: find out about Sensit’s different sensors, switches and converters for railway vehicles.
- Phasor: Re-Shaping the Future of Rail Connectivity: satellite communication is superior to terrestrial options because its reach is unlimited. Working together with Low Earth Orbit and Medium Earth Orbit satellites, Phasor’s flat-panel very low-profile antennas are the future of mobile broadband.
- Société du Grand Paris: The Grand Paris Express: the Société du Grand Paris discusses where the project’s works are at and how the project will transform the Greater Paris region.
- SKF: Rolling Railway Maintenance to a Digital Destination: time is a valuable resource in the rail industry. SKF has developed a digital solution that will extend maintenance levels so the gaps between rolling stock downtime are as long as possible.
- Zöllner Signal: Track Warning Systems: Zöllner Signal are in the business of increasing safety on railway worksites. They have flexible and modular systems to suit any rail worksite as they recognise that each worksite is different.
- The Community of European Railway and Infrastructure Companies (CER): A Challenge and an Opportunity: Libor Lochman and Ethem Pekin from CER discuss how the rail industry can reduce its environmental impact.
- Nomad Digital: Smart Technology: the world’s leading provider of passenger and fleet-management digital solutions for the rail industry, Nomad Digital offer a broad range of solutions for both train operators and train builders.
- AirRail Melbourne: A Ticket to Ride: Danny Elia, Executive Director, Global Asset Management, IFM Infrastructure, explains why the rail link between Melbourne and its airport – a 15 billion dollar project – is vital for the city.
- Stäubli: Rail Industry Certification for Stäubli Electrical Connectors: Stäubli, which has long been a leading supplier of advanced connection equipment to the rail industry. This has now been recognised as its products have been certified to the rail industry standard ISO/TS 22163.
- Armacell: ArmaForm – Structural PET Foam Core Perfectly Fulfils Rail Industry Needs: the rail industry always needs lighter and more energy-efficient trains that are environmentally friendly. At the same time safety and durability mustn’t be compromised. Armacell’s products can fulfil that brief perfectly.
- Dyson: The Dyson Airblade Wash+Dry Hand Dryer: if you can dry your hands in the same place where you wash them, not only will you save space, you will also increase safety as the risk of slipping on a wet floor is eliminated. Cheap to run, these hand dryers also produce less carbon dioxide compared to regular paper towels.
- Harsco Rail: Safe, Reliable, Cost-Effective Track Maintenance: Harso Rail aims to improve rail grinding products, reduce operating costs and deliver improved safety. Its control system can be tailored to suit customer needs and global requirements.
- Mechan Celebrates Half a Century: Sheffield-based UK specialist in rail maintenance is celebrating 50 years of success in business. To commemorate the occasion, Mechan raised 5,000 GBP and donated it to the Sheffield Children’s Hospital.
Our Railtex magazine will be published on 29 April. If you want to be involved, please get in touch with us at [email protected] or call +44 7432 725001. Railtex will take place in Birmingham, UK, from 14–16 May.