Surface Preparation Technology
Wheelblast and Airblast Machines
Shot Blasting Equipment and Processes for Rail Industry Applications
Wheelabrator, part of Norican Group, is one of the world’s leading providers of surface preparation technology, offering a complete range of airblast and wheel blast equipment, and shot peening solutions, as well as comprehensive global aftermarket support.
For over 100 years, leading companies in the foundry, automotive, aerospace, energy, medical, rail and construction industries have been trusting Wheelabrator’s products and services to improve productivity and profitability. From cast iron pans to aircraft wings, there’s hardly a surface we haven’t improved.
Railway applications include:
- blast cleaning of large assemblies like bogies,
- shot peening of leaf and coil springs,
- rail wheel peening,
- paint removal for whole carriages,
- cleaning wheelset axles ahead of crack initiation testing,
- efficient, reliable cleaning of cast parts of all sizes.
Wheelabrator offers one of the biggest ranges of surface preparation equipment worldwide, enabling us to advise you on the best solution for your application.
From off-the-shelf, self-contained machines through to tailored, integrated and fully-automated solutions, we deliver efficient, precise and well supported processes that are digitally enabled as standard:
- vacublast cabinets,
- pass-through blast machines for wheelsets,
- portable, closed-circuit airblast machines,
- manual airblast cabinets,
- robot gripper shot blast machines,
- large pass-through wheelblast machines for whole carriages, and more.
Operating from strategically located service centers on four continents, Wheelabrator provides 15,000
active customers in over 100 countries with state-of-the-art parts preparation technology and services.