Next Generation Rail & Public Transit IT
PaxLife has developed the cutting-edge digital architecture railSTACK for public transport: A cloud-edge open software platform to create, deploy, manage any applications that run on rail, buses or trams. It enables the simple and very efficient integration of new services for passengers or for operators. railSTACK architecture empowers systems integrators, transport operators and applications providers to expand capabilities and services across any systems and within any vehicle.
railSTACK Edge-based Cloud Platform for Rail
RailStack by PaxLife is built on two principles:
- A continuous yet powerful gateway to exchange high volumes of data to and from any public transport “edge” in a very short span of time with the digital world on the “Cloud”.
- A scalable, and easy-to-use architecture allowing operators or system integrators to build, deploy and manage any in house or third party set of applications – at any point in time, with “online integration and testing”, deployed with a click of a button.
A Digital Platform to Enhance Passengers Experience
Attracting passengers to choose public transport means offering a higher level of service than before. Adoption of smartphones and digital lifestyles have had a profound impact on passenger service expectations.
PaxLife Innovations believes that upgrading in-vehicle systems should be as easy as installing an app on your smartphone. What could run in the cloud should work in your vehicle, no matter which make or version number of onboard computer you use.
A Platform Enabling Greater Efficiency for Operators
Although the digitalisation of our world is putting major challenges on every industry, it also creates new opportunities to streamline operations, reduce cost and create value.
Support to predictive maintenance, security systems, data offload for analytics…PaxLife’s cutting-edge solution is the efficient launch pad for the integration and the development of new engineering services that will solve operational & maintenance pain points while unlocking the full potential of any vehicles.
Benefits at a glance:
- One easy-to-use system perfectly working across operators’ diverse fleets of vehicles, and harvesting data from any number of connected sources or smart devices.
- Seamless integration, set up and management of new services, saving significant time, cost and efforts.
- Privacy and full control of the data; data are safe and secure. The platform railSTACK can be hosted on any private cloud worldwide
- Scalable and flexible open architecture supporting the widest variety of value adding applications for enhancing passengers experience or for optimizing operations and reducing costs.
- Data harvest and hosting capability with the collection and secure synchronization of up to 1 Tb in both directions, between the on-board vehicle systems and the cloud.
- Compliant to multi-safety domain certification (e.g. SIL0 and SIL2).