Motion and Control Products for Rail Applications
Parker Hannifin is the world’s leading supplier of products and solutions in Motion and Control. Using multiple technologies and market focused innovation to increase our range of products and solutions, we now have one of the broadest offerings available from a single supplier. Parker’s association with the rail industry spans in excess of 40 years, supporting many key global companies in applications as diverse as:
- Passenger and internal door controls
- Freight vehicle hopper door and cover system automation
- Vehicle coupling and front hatch controls
- Specialised braking solenoid valves
- Pantograph, HV isolation automation and third rail current collection control
- Toilet and sanitary control systems
- Fluid control valves for sanitary and drinking water applications
- HVAC controls
- Auxiliary systems including horn, sanding and suspension control
Parker has proven expertise in the design and manufacture of rail passenger, freight vehicle and locomotive motion and control solutions. We constantly strive to provide outstanding design and ground-breaking innovation simultaneously utilising expertise in technologies including pneumatics, hydraulics, electromechanical and filtration.
Parker provides an extensive range of robust, durable motion control solutions, with a worldwide reputation for quality and reliability. We are committed to working to the exacting rail standards expected by the industry such as:
- Shock & Vibration: IEC61373:1999 category 1
- Low Temperature Climatic: EN60068-2-1,test Ad
- High Temperature Climatic: EN 60068-2-2,test Bd
- Humidity Climatic: BS EN 60068-2-30:2005
Our rail products also meet more challenging requirements including:
- Wide voltage tolerance bands of +_30%
- Extreme temperature operating capabilities
- Minimal air leakage rates
Reliable and Robust Pneumatic Controls for Harsh Conditions
Harsh weather conditions, extreme temperatures, high vibration, aggressive contamination and demands on vehicle availability require reliable and robust pneumatic controls. Pneumatic valves, actuators and air preparation solutions engineered by Parker are designed to respond to these tough conditions, maximising reliability and minimising downtime delays, and delivering overall life-cycle cost savings.
Complete Systems Designed for Challenging Rail Industry Problems
Parker’s engineering team design unique solutions to challenging rail industry problems, collaborating with customers from the very initial concept stage of a new product or application, Parker has the engineering expertise and industry knowledge required that allows us to take your project from concept to reality.
Products engineered using Parker’s latest design and manufacturing techniques, including additive manufacturing (3D printing), in house injection and vacuum moulding, enables radically improved flow paths resulting in reduced product size with enhanced performance.
All systems are designed to ensure reliable trouble free operation, contributing to maximized vehicle availability, and are supplied fully function tested offering the following benefits:
- Reduced connections results in lower leakage
- Designed to maximise performance with minimum components
- Simple plug and play installation
- Reduced maintenance downtime by unit removal and replacement
- No redundant performance (cost) designed to specific customer requirements
- Designed to minimise weight and space required
- Reduced procurement and logistic costs, one part number, one order and one delivery
Electromechanical Motion Solutions (Mechatronics)
From simple stepper motor control to linear electrical actuators Parker offers both control devices, electric motors and also an extensive range of screw and belt mechanical actuator products, all ideally suited to solve the most demanding of railway applications. Parker’s electrically controlled motion solutions offer also extends to custom designed systems for rolling stock applications.
Why Customers Choose Parker Motion and Control Technologies
Parker’s 30 years’ experience supplying into the railway industry provides a wealth of product and industry knowledge that enables us to effectively contribute to the creation of reliable trouble free solutions meeting industry standards and provide commercial benefits to our customers. Maintaining close communication and keeping pace with current developments is crucial to our success.
Your challenge is our business, “Engineering Your Success” through innovation.
About Parker Hannifin
Parker Hannifin is a Fortune 250 global leader in motion and control technologies. For 100 years the company has engineered the success of its customers in a wide range of diversified industrial and aerospace markets. Learn more at www.parker.com or @parkerhannifin