Fabrics for Rail Interiors
Camira Fabrics make more than eight million metres of fabric a year for every space and sector, from commercial and education interiors to healthcare, hospitality and passenger transport, in 80 countries around the world.
Camira are leaders in textile solutions for passenger transport on public buses, long distance coaches, minibuses, mainline and suburban trains, underground and tramways. Camira design and manufacture fabrics for rail interiors, providing a wide range of stocked fabrics, as well as bespoke design services for branded operations. The manufacturer also provides ancillary fabrics for wallsides, vehicle headliners, curtains and luggage racks – making Camira a total textile interior solutions provider.
Quality Textiles for Train Interiors
Camira make quality textiles for train interiors with wide ranging design and manufacturing capabilities, weaving on dobby, jacquard and plush looms (both face to face and wire-woven for transport). This allows different constructions to be woven to create different surface effects in relation to both design and texture, engineered to different performance standards and price points. We work in wool, polyester and wool synthetic blends, and can even provide coordinating leather, vinyl and other ancillary trims. Needless to say that all products are made for style, comfort and performance.
Made to Order Rail Seating Fabrics
We make made to order rail seating fabrics where striking or unique fabric designs, especially using your own branding, can add colour and flair to a rail carriage interior.
We’ve been associated with many high profile contracts where the fabric has become instantly recognisable as an iconic part of the branded interior. Think London Underground, Thameslink, First Great Western, Belgian Rail, Swiss Rail and Queensland Rail to name but a few.
- Technically and artistically talented design team available to accept your brief
- Life-like CAD simulations can be produced using the latest textile design software
- Small production samples of bespoke colour-woven designs can be produced for both moquette and flat-woven fabrics
- Capability to match and create custom-made colours in our own yarn dyeing facility
- Technical advice available throughout every stage of the design process
Upholstery Textiles for Rail
We design and manufacture upholstery textiles for rail, where heavy duty contract and technical performance is an absolute must.
From high performance flat-wovens through to traditional wool moquettes and leather, the sky’s the limit when it comes to choosing the right fabric for your interior.
Traditional 83-17% wool, nylon moquette has been the rail industry standard for over 100 years. Its inherent durability elongates the lifespan of a moquette fabric, and the capability to weave different constructions gives a variety of surface effects. Flat-wovens (durable and lightweight) and leathers can provide that extra level of sophistication for carriage interiors. Leather, typically used as a 1st class option, carries with it an air of luxury and our premium quality hides are exquisitely soft and offer a low maintenance alternative.
- Moquette fabrics for rail – derived from the French word for carpet – is a woven pile fabric in which cut or uncut threads form a short dense cut or loop pile
- Flat-woven fabrics for rail – a two dimensional woven fabric that has no pile loops
- Leather – an elegant, high end, durable alternative to woven fabric
- Vinyl – an easy maintenance faux leather in a more affordable price range
- Trims – trim fabrics can be used for curtains, bulk-heads, luggage racks, side walls, anti-macassars and piping detail
Technical and Flammability Performance Fabrics
Our fabrics have to comply with many different technical standards, including of course abrasion resistance, colour fastness to light and rubbing, and flammability standards.
Textile flammability standards are the most important technical requirement, as it can have catastrophic implications for human life in the event of a fire on overground or underground trains. We have to cover different national standards for both seating and vertical surfaces and typically have to test for ease of combustion and rate and spread of flame. Smoke density and toxicity can also be a requirement to test. Rail standards are notoriously stringent, especially for underground.
The Camira guarantee is a mark of trust. Our transport fabrics carry a 5 year guarantee.