Hear From Leading Rail Organisations at Wheelsets: More for Less
Hear from Transport for London, South Western Railway, CAF, Network Rail and more at Wheelsets: More for Less
As wheelsets are one of the most expensive consumables for the rail industry, it is vital that they are carefully and efficiently maintained. To optimise your assets, attend the Institution of Mechanical Engineers’ Wheelsets: More for Less seminar, taking place on 20 March 2018 at One Birdcage Walk in London.
Ensure you are using the most efficient equipment for maintenance of your assets by hearing from pioneers of new inspection technologies. Share best practice in maintaining wheelsets cost-effectively with researchers, maintenance engineers from rail operators, rolling stock operators and technology suppliers.
Attend the Only Event to Focus Specifically on the Design and Management of Wheelsets:
- Learn about the latest inspection technologies to improve your organisation’s methods of identifying issues
- Understand best practice strategies in facing challenges such as bearing failures and wheel damage
- Gain insight into the techniques of other sectors and countries
- Network with wheelsets experts including maintenance and asset engineers from rail operators, rolling stock and technology suppliers
Key Programme Highlights:
- Transport for London discuss the importance of knowing your product and the process you have gone through to procure it
- Docklands Light Railway reveal how they have made a 20th century lathe fit for a 21st century railway
- RSSB and RDG share research on the causes of axle bearing failures and the human factors of axle end reassembly
- Case study on the implementation of new procedures and tools in wheelset maintenance being carried out by Ricardo Rail Netherlands
- Lessons learned from other sectors on asset management explained by Danburykline
Learn From A Variety of Mainline Railway, Metro and Light Rail Speakers as Well as Major Suppliers Including:
- Neil Drury, Engineering Director, South Western Railway
- Graham Neil, Professional Head of Vehicles, Transport for London
- Mark Burstow, Principal Vehicle Track Dynamics Engineer, Network Rail
- Marcus Weerasinghe, Rolling Stock Engineering Manager, Docklands Light Railway Limited
- Chris Weatherall, Group President, Wabtec Faiveley UK
To view the full speaker line-up and seminar programme, visit www.imeche.org/wheelsets
FOR ALL THE LATEST INFORMATION, NEWS, IMAGES, VIDEOS AND ARTICLES ON ALL RAILWAY EVENTS, PLEASE CLICK HERE.