Communication Systems for Rail and Metro
DAMM is a world-leading provider of communication systems for rail and metro, supplying flexible and user-friendly digital radio infrastructure systems to industrial, commercial and public safety customers. Being a key player for more than 30 years within professional radio communication, DAMM is taking the lead through superior engineering and constant focus on customer needs and reduced complexity.
DAMM’s TetraFlex® system offers a full solution and features intelligent, distributed network architecture, built-in applications and gateways for full asset management, and the freedom to choose any terminal brand. Our portfolio includes the DAMM TetraFlex® PTT mobile app utilizing WiFi or LTE on your iOS, Android or Windows device.
NEW DAMM Multi-Tech Platform for Rail and Metro
Built for the future of critical communications, the DAMM Multi-Tech Platform enables voice and data communication across technologies, including TETRA, TEDS, DMR and Analog in one fully integrated system. The new BS422 is the world’s first outdoor base station featuring these 4 technologies in one box. With a simple click in the software, the BS422 can be set to run in any technology mode, or even multiple of these. One application, in one single interface covering all technologies. DAMM Multi-Tech Platform is ideal to meet the challenges in the rail and metro industry:
- Meet the need for more data by using TEDS for train control, or pushing data to the train information system, still within the same secure and independent communication platform.
- Reduce number of base stations and extending track-side coverage utilizing VHF in remote areas and high power output. Options include 25W TETRA and/or 50W DMR .
- Save installation and operation costs with a rugged, compact outdoor base station ideal for track-side installations. The BS422 is mast mountable direct at track-side due to EN 50128 approval. The BS422 offers best-in-class power consumption, lowering operational costs and enabling alternatives for energy supply, like solar power.
- Easy remote management with one application for all technologies. Full remote manageable base stations across technologies, in hybrid operation, eliminating the need for on-site service, and making it ideal for remote sites.
- Improved Tunnel coverage, Improved node synchronisation, eliminating the need for GPS coverage by utilizing IEEE 1588 for node synchronisation. Alternatively use the simulcast option of the BS422; same network management platform, full output power and sensitivity.
Multiple Communication Technologies in One Box
DAMM offers a technology independent solution covering your needs of today and tomorrow. Featuring Multi-Technology and Multi-Frequency, as well as Multi-Carrier and Simulcast all in one box, you can stay dynamic and flexible with the DAMM Multi-Tech Platform. These BS422 highlights include:
- Multi-Technology presenting the world’s first outdoor base station featuring 4 technologies in one box; TETRA, DMR Tier III, TEDS and Analog
- Multi-Frequency extending coverage by supporting VHF and UHF mode in all technologies
- Multi-Carrier providing a flexible, cost-efficient solution by enabling up to 4 carriers in one box, and even combining multiple technologies in one box
- Simulcast available for DMR and Analog, and now also offering repeater functionality for TETRA and TEDS
Digital Communication Integration for Railway Operations
Through the cooperation with leading rail and metro providers worldwide, DAMM understands the critical importance of communications within transport infrastructures. DAMM’s TetraFlex® solution delivers high-performance digital TETRA voice and data communications providing crucial communications integration across railway operations, enhancing efficiency and safety as well as the satisfaction of personnel and passengers.
TETRA: Proven Global Technology
TETRA (terrestrial trunked radio) was developed by ETSI, the European Telecommunications Standards Institute. TETRA technology is currently being used in thousands of mission-critical applications across more than 160 countries, and has proven its value in countless rail and metro applications as being superior to GSMR.
Optimized Installation for Rail and Metro
The IP65 encapsulated and ruggedised outdoor base station has been optimized for use within rail and metro operations. With its compact size, it is ideal for use in the harsh environments of metro tunnels or direct outdoor mounting. DAMM demonstrate best-in-class power consumption, combined with no need for housing or air conditioning, this gives significant saving both on installation as well as operation.
Complete Communication Coverage, Scalability & Reliability
The fully IP-based technology used by DAMM TetraFlex® digital voice and data communications solutions makes it possible to create integrated communications across multiple stations, logistics facilities, depots, maintenance facilities and centralized operational control centres. It also means that the system can support any capacity, from single-site stations to large railway and metro infrastructures with thousands of users. Up to 16 carriers per node, allowing for 63 time slots, or up to 4 control channels to secure SDS traffic and position reports.
100% uptime through full redundancy as well as by the system’s intelligent distributed network architecture. All information is constantly replicated to all sites in the network, allowing call and data traffic to continue uninterrupted if one or more sites lose connection with the rest of the network.
Intuitive User Coordination
User-defined groups and staff teams can easily be defined and coordinated. The highly flexible voice communication services support individual private calls, group calls, telephony communications (PSTN) and other features.
Data Communications for Data Applications
DAMM TetraFlex® data services provide data for i.e. vehicle-tracking systems, timetable and journey information, signaling control or SCADA and telemetry data, supporting third party applications, such as vehicle management systems.The advanced management of Packet Data channels enables reliable and deterministic bandwidth for data applications.
Integrated Applications for Increased Operational Performance
DAMM TetraFlex® comes complete with integrated applications. With the intuitive DAMM TetraFlex® dispatcher solution all users can easily be dispatched by the operational centres. DAMM TetraFlex® also provides a complete voice/data recording and replay facility, enabling effortless incident reconstructions and gathering valuable statistics on operational performance.
TETRA for Wifi Applications
DAMM offers TetraFlex® Android Client, iOS and TetraFlex® Windows Client – a vendor independent soft terminal, fulfilling the needs for non-critical voice & data communication operating through WiFi, UMTS(3G) and LTE(4G) networks.
Communication Technology for Customer-Designed Applications
DAMM TetraFlex® is supplied with an easily accessible Application Programming Interface (API) that allows straightforward development and integration of customer-designed applications.
Key DAMM Features for Rail and Metro Communications
- IP65 protected housing for direct installation in harsh environments
- Compact design
- Easy and quick scalability without interruption of operation
- Reliability: redundancy, back-ups and no single point of failure
- Best-in-class power consumption
- Free choice of terminal suppliers
- Easily accessible API for easy integration into third party systems
- High cost effectiveness
- Full public/private LTE connectivity – or use your own WiFi system