The Rail Distribution Box – Train Approved FO Splice Box
Ruggedized Protection for Any Situation
In rough conditions, occurring in industrial or outdoor areas, high quality fiber optical connections are needed despite the mechanical and climatic stress. For this purpose, Telegärtner has developed the train approved rail distribution box, RDB. Because of its tested reliability against vibrations and shocks and also heat, coldness and humidity, the RDB is perfectly suited for use in harsh environments.
Hinged Splice Cassette for Easy Assembly
Besides its robust housing including the IP66 protection and UV resistance according to UL 508, a hinged splice cassette is mounted onto the rail distribution box, which enables easy assembly and maintenance. Different front plates are available to meet your demands – being able to store pigtails with all common connectors and fibers.
Moreover, the splice cassette enables up to 24 splices. Via the three cable glands, cables of different outer diameters can be fed in or out. If the box needs to be fixed to a signal mast, an additional adapter plate is available which can be mounted onto the distribution box.
- Complies with climatic test EN 60068-2-1/2/14/130
- Complies with vibration test EN 60068-2-64
- Complies with shock test EN 60068-2-27
- Degree of protection: IP 66
- Housing material: PC IK 08
- Housing colour: light grey, RAL 7035
- UV resistance: UL 508
- Housing flammability: UL 94 5VA
- Cable entry points: 2x M25 cable glands (∅ 9-16 mm), 1x M20 cable gland (∅ 5-9 mm)
- Housing dimensions: 400x300x150 mm
- Number of splices: max. 24
- Mounting cut out for adaptors : SC, LC, E2000, ST
- Swivel lever can be equipped with profile half cylinder
- Optional fixing of optical couplers (PLC/FBT) or xWDM (filter/FBT)
- Not included in delivery: splice protector and holder
Download the Rail Distribution Box brochure here.
FOR ALL THE LATEST INFORMATION, NEWS, IMAGES, VIDEOS AND DOCUMENTS FROM TELEGÄRTNER PLEASE CLICK HERE.