Sensors, Switches and Converters for Railway Vehicles
SENSIT s.r.o. has been producing temperature sensors since 1991. The company has been engaged in the development, production and supply of special sensors, switches and converters for railway vehicles since 2004.
Temperature Sensors with Digital Output for Railway Vehicles
We have extended the range of temperature sensors for rail vehicles with the type of sensors with the RS 485 / MODBUS and CAN protocol/ CANopen digital output. By this, we continue to expand our product range after adding combined temperature sensors, sensors of relative humidity, CO2, atmospheric pressure and VOC sensors with digital outputs.
- MODBUS/RTU communication protocol, communication via the RS 485 bus
- CANopen/CiA DS 301 communication protocol, communication via the CAN bus
Thanks to this step, we are able to offer a complete range of temperature sensors with plastic heads with different outputs – resistance, current (4 to 20 mA), voltage (0 to 10 V, 0 to 5 V) outputs and newly also with digital outputs RS 485 and CAN protocol in the design:
For the INDOOR use
These sensors are designed to measure temperature of gaseous substances in spaces protected against water. In the application segment of rail vehicles, the sensors are mainly used to measure temperature in passenger compartments of train units and carriages and are a part of the temperature control system.
For the INDOOR/ OUTDOOR use
These sensors are designed to measure the outdoor air temperature or the indoor air temperature. In the application segment of rail vehicles, it is used for example to measure temperature of the air in locomotive engine rooms; it can be a part of the temperature control system in passenger compartments or is used to indicate temperature in the engine room as a part of the fire protection system.
With a MEASURING STEM
These sensors are used for temperature measurement of liquid or gaseous substances. In the application segment of rail vehicles, it is used for example to measure temperature of the outdoor air under the vehicle floor. For this purpose, the sensor is equipped with a stem with high mechanical resistance.
All products of SENSIT s.r.o. designed for application in the rolling stock segment meet the specific requirements defined in so-called railway standards:
- Insulation test in accordance with EN 50155
- Shock and Vibrations test in accordance with EN 61373
- Electromagnetic Compatibility in accordance with EN 50121-3-2
- Fire Protection on Railway Vehicles in accordance EN 45545-2 and NFPA 130
In the near future, we will also be presenting you with the following new items:
- Converters Temperature – RS 485
- Converters Temperature -CAN protocol
- Temperature switch with output RS 485
- Combined temperature and humidity sensor with stem -with the RS 485 / CAN protocol output
Complete Range of Sensors with the RS 485 / CAN Protocol Digital Output
- Temperature sensors
- CO2 sensors
- Combined temperature and relative humidity sensors
- Combined temperature and CO2 sensors
- Combined temperature, relative humidity and CO2 sensors
- Combined temperature, relative humidity, atmospheric pressure and VOC sensors
- Combined temperature, relative humidity, CO2, atmospheric pressure and VOC sensors
With use of the sensors for railway vehicles, with digital, current, voltage or resistance sensors is secured, e.g.:
- an efficient system for measuring and regulating temperature, relative humidity, CO2, atmospheric pressure and VOC in train units
- creation and preservation of comfortable climate for passengers in railway vehicles
- establishing and maintaining high quality of air
- removal of mists of windows and wall of train units
- energy savings based on evaluation of measured values by the air conditioning unit
- higher control system efficiency
- costs savings
Custom Made Sensors
SENSIT s.r.o. also produces custom made sensors. Based on customer requirements, we are able to develop sensors for specific applications with a minimum quantity requirement of 1 piece and with all required railway certificates.