Increasingly, we are encountering Ethernet applications where it is necessary to protect multiple cooperating devices at one location against over voltage – so-called multichannel applications.
Examples include wind farms, multi-camera security systems, parking lots with many electric vehicle charging stations, information technology systems at airports or train stations, etc.
The implementation od protection using many individual SPDs including many grounding cables, terminals, boxes, etc. is costly and certainly impractical. Therefore SALTEK® offers a flexible multi-channel box in which up to 16 independent SPD modules for 16 independent Ethernet lines can be integrated, and which offers the following advantages:
- Possibility to place up to 16 individual SPD modules of user’s choice in a common 1RU profile box
- Plug&Play plug-in SPD modules for easy installation or replacement of individual modules during operation
- Wide selection of SPD modules of ST1+2+3 and ST2+3 classes for any combination of lines (Ethernet, Ethernet with PoE, structured cabling)
- Wide selection of ST1+2+3 and ST2+3 SPD modules for any line combination (Ethernet, Ethernet with PoE, structured cabling)
- Installation and removal of SPD modules from the front panel of the box, i.e. without the necessity of removing the box from the rack or other location
- Changing the configuration or expanding the system without interrupting the operation of already installed lines
- Replacement of a plug-in module or its addition to the system within 1 minute without affecting the operation of other lines and SPDs
- Common grounding of all modules through the metal body of the box, and through a single PE cable, i.e. significant savings in cabling and simplification of the first installation and possible dislocations
- Primarily designed for installation in a 19″ rack, but can preferably be installed separately at the interface of LPZ 0 and LPZ 1, i.e. at the entrance of the cable harness to the buildings
For more information and an overview of all SALTEK® surge protectors, please see the online catalogue.
This article was originally published by SALTEK.