Mitigate risk at the PTI with Crossrail, HS2, Network Rail, Heathrow Express and Transport for London
With the UK rail industry experiencing approximately 1,500 Platform Train Interfaces (PTI) incidents a year, improving safety and accessibility at the PTI is a priority across industry.
Attend the Platform Train Interfaces seminar to find out how Crossrail, HS2, Network Rail, South Western Railway, Heathrow Express and Transport for London are improving safety, accessibility as well as performance.
Learn more about the latest engineering tools to improve accessibility, including gap fillers and platform extensions. Gain technical insight into the latest developments in door and rolling stock design to reduce the risk of accidents.
Join this seminar to:
- Find out how new development projects have improved passenger safety whilst reducing dwell time
- Gain insight on innovations helping passengers “mind the gap” between the train and the platform
- Improve the management of accessibility challenges posed by legacy infrastructure combined with modern train designs
- Meet and discuss solutions with design engineers, fleet performance engineers and heads of safety and human factors
Key speakers include:
- Andrew McNaughton, Strategic Technical Advisor, High Speed Two (HS2) Ltd
- Clive Jackson, Interim Operations Standards Manager, Heathrow Express
- Dave Thomas, Lead Development Manager, Thameslink Programme, Network Rail
- Frank Foley, Lead PSD Engineer, Crossrail Ltd
- Justin Willett, Professional Lead, Operation and Performance, RSSB
- Zoe Dobell, Project Engineer, Transport for London
- David Polhill, Senior Rolling Stock Engineer – Interfaces, Rail Delivery Group
To view the full speaker line-up and seminar programme, visit www.imeche.org/pti