France: Thales Year End Results Show Positive Growth
Thales Group have released their financial statements at the close of the 2015 financial year to show record order intake, good sales and that their investment in innovation and marketing has paid off in an often unstable market.
Patrice Caine, Chairman & Chief Executive Officer, said:
“2015 was an important milestone in the success of our profitable growth strategy. We achieved a record order intake, and our sales witnessed solid growth after several years of quasi-stability. Profitability increased in line with our medium-term objectives, while we increased our investments in innovation, marketing and talent development.
“These good results strengthen our belief that Thales is now back on track to deliver sustainable growth. We are upgrading our organic sales growth target for the years ahead and confirm our margin target for 2017-2018. Thanks to the efforts of all its employees, Thales is undergoing a profound transformation which will foster profitable and sustainable growth”.
Key figures from the report are:
- Record order intake: €18.9 billion, up 31%
- Sales: €14.1billion, up 4.5% at constant scope and currency
- EBIT: €1,216million, up 23%
- Adjusted net income, Group share: €809million, up 44%
- Doubling of free operating cashflow : €1.1billion
- Dividend increased: €1.36, an increase of 21%
- Upgrading of medium-term (2018) sales target: mid-single digit annual organic sales growth
- 2016 targets: mid-single digit organic sales growth, EBIT of €1,300-1,330million