Fire Protection of Rolling Stock 2019
27 Feb 2019- 28 Feb 2019
Returning for the 15th time, the Fire Protection of Rolling stock 2019 conference will once again gather senior decision-makers in Berlin. Expect to meet representatives from rolling stock operators, manufacturers, regulators, research institutes and service providers; and share experiences, discoveries and real life case studies, to collaboratively enhance fire safety.
Through extensive research with industry thought-leaders, you will receive up-to-date perspectives and practical information that will allow you to improve fire protection systems and strategies. With over 30 interactive sessions from leading speakers, you can be sure to find something that is relevant to you!
2019 Agenda Highlights:
- Making rail safer by reviewing how we can better protect wheels, running gear and the heavy steel parts
- Case study: Reviewing Trenitalia’s fire safety measures with the use of active systems at the forefront of maximizing safety
- The Transport for London Philosophy: Maximising fire safety by exclusively utilising non-flammable materials in the context of rolling stock in restricted area spaces
- howcasing Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) as the next generation of testing to reduce high testing costs and achieving accurate results
- Highlighting the importance of the running capability of rolling stock to prevent life loss and allow for safe evacuation
- Stimulating Panel Debate: Can we solely rely on results from Computing Modelling to validate our tests?
2019 Key Speakers:
- Keith Mack, Standards Engineer, London North Eastern Railway (formerly known as Virgin Trains East Coast)
- Yeoh Jit Shiong, Head of Quality Assurance, Safety & Investigation, Land of Public Transport Commission, Malaysia
- Werner Kurfess, Senior Project Manager, SBB
- Harald Zakovsek, Expert Fire Safety Rolling Stock, Siemens
- Graham Neil, Head of Vehicles, Transport for London
- Joaquim Font Canyelles, Project leader, Stadler
- Phil Hinde, Principal Engineer, Rolling Stock and Depots, Crossrail
Event website: http://www.arena-international.com/fprs
Location: Berlin, Germany
Organiser: Arena International
Organiser website: http://www.arena-international.com/home/